COVID-19 Office Protocol
Our Bay Area community has been through a lot over the last Couple of years, and all of us at Foster City Dental Care are excited to resume our normal habits and routines. A lot has changed, but our office’s commitment to your safety has remained the same.
CDC, AHA, OSHA Adherence
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. We follow recommendations and guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This allows us to make sure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and enables us to provide the safest environment for our patients and their family members.
We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office. During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and Staff.
What to expect when scheduling
Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 questionnaire will be emailed to you. This questionnaire must be completed before you arrive at the office. We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, and fatigue.
What to expect when you arrive
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
- Upon arrival at our office, another COVID-19 screening will be performed followed by temperature measurement with a contactless Thermometer.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member. Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
What to expect when you’re in our office
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will be asking you to use hand sanitizer on the way in and on the way out.
- We will have you use an antiseptic mouth rinse prior to seating.
- Our doctors and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
Thank you for being part of our family dental practice.